Monday, September 3, 2012

Teatro



If you are going to the theater, or movies, or just happen to be down by Tremont and Boylston Street, and are looking for a nice meal without breaking the bank (because we all know how pricy it can be down in the Theater District), I would recommend Teatro. It is great for dates or groups. It was a little on the loud side, I think because of the high ceilings and openness, but we were a group of 6 young woman and this didn't bother us at all; we had a blast!

We celebrated my friend Sarah’s 25th birthday at Teatro last week. It was great! They offer a great variety of food with small plates to share or as starters, risottos and entrees. What I loved about the risotto is that you could choose an appetizer portion ($10) or entrée portion ($20). This is great if you like to try different things, and I tried two risottos. I wish I had also tried some of the small plates, but a girl can only eat so much!

I absolutely loved the wild mushroom and truffle oil risotto. It had great flavor and by far the best dish I tried. It was slightly cheesy, as risottos tend to be, but not overly so.

appetizer portion

I also really enjoyed the risotto with rock shrimp, tiny tomatoes and lemon butter. The shrimp dish is actually a pasta dish but they let me sub the risotto for pasta and I was thrilled! I love when restaurants do this and don’t give you a hard time or charge extra. This dish was a little heavier with the sauce but it was still very tasty and luckily it wasn’t a cream sauce (just slightly due to the cheese in the risotto) or else it definitely would have been too much. But the great thing about this was the amount of shrimp I got, so many, I was pleasantly surprised.

entree portion

Our server was great, very friendly, as was the rest of the staff. The wine list is a bit on the pricier side, but then again this is the Theater District, so what did we expect? I was not a fan of the white sangria, it was way too sweet for me. 

Gluten Free Menu Options:

Whipped ricotta w no crostini
·         Deviled Eggs
·         Marinated olives
·         Marinated mushrooms
·         Oysters
·         Tuna tartare
·         Beets
·         Octopus
·         Sausage
·         All the dry meets and cheeses with no crostini
·         Arugula salad
·         Caesar Salad no croutons
·         Carpaccio no croutons
·         Mussels no crostini
·         Tomato and mozzarella
·         Prosciutto and Melon
·         Risottos
·         Salmon
·         Rib eye
·         Scallops

Location:  177 Tremont Street, Boston (across from the Boylston T stop)

No comments:

Post a Comment