Thursday, July 25, 2013
The Fireplace in Brookline, is a New England grill and barbeque, with an emphasis on wood-smoked and rotisserie dishes utilizing the freshest offerings from the New England region. The restaurant was founded 12 years ago with the idea of buying local. Jim believes in a low carbon footprint, not wanting to waste energy, and really support the local farmers, fishermen, and cheesemongers. Jim believes in serving what’s fresh and local; supporting the local economy, and serving food with the best flavor and health benefits.
DEAL: $30 for $60 available for purchase until August 2, 2013 (expires 10/31/2013)
The Fireplace offers a gluten free menu. Jim’s commitment to gluten free “started by accident.” “I knew some people were coming in who had a gluten intolerance and wanted to help them eat what they wanted. That’s what I do as a chef – cook for people- and I didn’t want anyone to go without tasty options just because they were somewhat limited in what they could order.” So he started learning more about what he could serve to be helpful and accommodating to people with gluten intolerances and celiac, and now you can order a full gluten free meal complete with dinner rolls, sandwiches, pizzas, entrees and desserts provided by a local gluten free bakery. Currently, there is a Living Social Deal, $30 for $60, you can get it here and go try the gluten free menu!
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
My sister and I are running in the Falmouth Road Race this August to support the Joe Andruzzi Foundation! JAF raises money to help cancer patients and their families both emotionally & financially.
On Tuesday evening, July 16th we will be hosting a fund-raiser event at The Back Bay Social Club (downstairs) 6:30 - 8:30 PM
We would love if you could join us and attend our event! There will be free (gluten free) appetizers & awesome raffle prizes (including gluten free ones!)!
- $100 Zip Car gift certificate
- Magnum of Wispering Angels Wine ($49 value)
- Gift Certificate to Pizzeria Regina
- Gift Certificate to Briar Group Restaurants
- $50 Gift Certificate to Rabia's Restaurant
- $50 Gift Certificate to Antico Forno
- $50 Gift Certificate to Terramia Ristorante
- $50 Gift Certificate to Zocalo Restaurant
- NuWave Pro portable infrared Oven ($119 value)
- Cocoanuts Gift Basket (gourmet nuts & artisan chocolates)
- 2 $25 Gift Certificates to Boston Beauty Online
- Gluten Free Gift Basket (over a $100 value)
- 3 Gluten Free (1 paleo) Cookbooks from Elana's Pantry
- $50 Gift Certificate to The Clay
- Room 90+ Cellar Wines
If you can not attend but would still like to make a donation you can click here to take you to my personal fundraising page.
Suggested donation of $7. You can also pay at the event.