Saturday, September 22, 2012

Spinach fettuccine with tomatoes, chickpeas, spinach, garlic and basil pesto


Last Sunday at Sowa Market my sister and I bought spinach fettuccine from Valicenti Organico .



They had so many gluten free options I couldn't get over it! Dave kept pulling different kinds out of the fridge - all labeled gluten free - for us to check out. He also told us we could call or e-mail ahead of time and place an order we could pick up at the market (They are located in Hollis, NH so this beats driving all the way there just to buy noodles) . I love this because he didn't have any gluten free ravioli the day I went so I am going t place an order and cannot wait to try it! Ravioli is one food I do truly miss.

The spinach fettuccine is one of the best gluten free noodles I've had. The texture was so smooth and took about 2 minutes to cook and had a great flavor.


Recipe:

8 oz Spinach Fettuccine
1 tomato, chopped
3 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
2-3 tablespoons basil pesto
1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed

Bring water to a boil and boil noodles for 2-3 minutes. Drain.

Heat oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to brown. Add in baby spinach and tomatoes and cook 4 minutes. Add in chickpeas and 1 more minute to allow chickpeas to get warm. Remove from heat.

Add fettuccine to vegetable mixture and stir. Add in basil pesto 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired amount and taste is acheived.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment