Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Candy

I'm not sure if I've ever met anyone who loves chocolate as much as I do. I eat it everyday. This is no exaggeration, just ask my coworker or my boyfriend, they know.
One of the first things I looked into when I stopped eating gluten 3 years ago was chocolate and candy. You would like I would be more concerned with everyday foods, snacks, meals etc. No, chocolate was my first priority.

I made a big list of what I could and could not eat. I was a little disappointed about some of the candies I'll never be able to eat again, like Hershey's cookies n' creme, crunch bars, kit kat, and the list goes on. But I was also pleasantly surprised by the amount of candy that didn't have gluten, so much more than I would have thought!

So seeing that tomorrow is Valentine's day, I put together my list and added a few more items I found to be gluten free. I guess I should have posted this a few days ago huh? Well at least you will be prepared for all the chocolate and candy you get tomorrow! And you can always refer to this list next year!

* this list may not be complete. I do not eat peanuts so therefore I have never looked up information regarding peanut containing candies (Reese's, babe Ruth, etc).
** some of these items are produced on equipment that also produces gluten containing products and/or produced in a facility that has gluten
*** products and ingredients can and do change. So please read all labels first and if you are unsure double or triple check their website or call.

  • 3 Musketeers (all flavors)
  • Andes creme de menthe
  • Almond Joy 
  • Bit-O-Honey 
  • Bottle Caps (Wonka)
  • Cella’s Cherries, milk chocolate covered cherries
  • Charlston Chew
  • Charms Blow Pops, super blow pops and Valentine Pops
  • DeMets Turtles
  • Disney Lollipop Rings -Flix Candy
  • Disney lollipops packaged with Valentine cards (I noticed this tonight at CVS)
  • Dots (including Valentine & tropical Dots)
  • Dove Chocolates (all)
  • Dum-Dums lollipops
  • Everlasting Gobstopper Heartbreakers (Wonka)
  • Fannie May  (solid chocolate)
  • Fruit Rolls
  • Fun Dips (Wonka)
  • Galerie Candy Jewelry Making Kit
  • Galerie Diamond Ring with candy treats
  • Galerie Marshmallow Cupcake lollipops
  • Ghirardelli chocolate squares, including milk chocolate, dark chocolate, caramel and dark chocolate with raspberry
  • Gobbers
  • Hershey Bliss chocolates including dark chocolate, milk chocolate, milk chocolate with meltaway centers, and milk chocolate with raspberry meltaway centers “Manufactured on the same equipment that processes peanuts and tree nuts.”
  • Hershey Milk Chocolate Bar, milk chocolate bar with almonds
  • Hershey Kisses (plain chocolate)
  • Hot Tamales 
  • Hershey’s Pot of Gold, including Premium Chocolates, Pecan Caramel Clusters, and Truffles
  • Hubba Bubba Max bubble gum, and bubble tape
  • iCarly Valentine Candy Card Kit (cards and lollipops)
  • Jelly Belly
  • Jolly Rancher candy
  • Juicee Gummee Baby Bears
  • Junior Mints
  • Laffy Taffy
  • Life Savers hard candy and lollipops, including Candy and Card Valentine Pack
  • Life Savers gummy candy (including Gummies, Big Ring Gummies, Candy and Card Valentine Pack)
  • Mike and Ike 
  • Milky Way Midnight Bar and Caramel Bar
  • M&Ms –milk chocolate, dark chocolate, coconut
  • Necco Wafers
  •  Nips - regular and sugar-free
  • Peeps marshmallows
  • PEZ
  • Pixy Stix (Wonka)
  • Pop Rocks popping candy 
  • Raisinets
  • See's candies (not all varieties, check website for gluten free list)
  • Skittles
  • Smarties
  • Sno-caps
  • Starburst
  • Sunny Seed Drops candy chocolate covered sunflower seeds
  • Surf Sweets Gummy candy – “Gluten Free”
  • Sweetheart Conversation Hearts
  • Toblerone
  • Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Pop
  • Warheads Extreme Sour candy
  • York Peppermint Pattie

No comments:

Post a Comment