Friday, June 1, 2012

Papa Razzi


 Papa Razzi has gluten free bread, pizza and pasta! Almost all salads, pastas (minus the raviolis) and pizzas can be made gluten free, as well as many of their entrees. They are great about making anything you want gluten free. Everything is made fresh and to order so substitutions and alternations are so easy!

Last night we ate dinner at the Chestnut Hill location (inside the mall).

We shared a Cesar salad to start, asking for the croutons on the side. Instead, she put the salad on two separate plates for us, mine without croutons, Jeremy’s with extra croutons, it was great! And I used my bread as croutons.

The bread looked like a muffin top or English muffin, which we all thought to be a bit odd, but it did taste good!

Jeremy ordered the Risotto Special (Gluten Free of course, as is all risotto) with fresh parsley and mushrooms and topped with slices of beef tenderloin. The beef was delicious; it melted in our mouths! The beef was my favorite part of the whole meal, and it wasn’t even mine! The Risotto, one of Jeremy’s favorite things, was better than the one I had at The Cottage two weeks ago, but a little saltier. I hate salt.

I had the Cavatappi Affumicati with gluten free penne instead of the hollow pasta spirals. It was served with roasted eggplant, roma tomatoes, smoked mozzarella, romano and fresh basil. The fresh basil gave the dish such great flavor. The smokiness of the mozzarella could be tasted throughout the dish, a little too much for me, but Jeremy loved it. The pasta was great, cooked to perfection and tasted good. The eggplant pieces were smaller than I hoped and fewer than I hoped as well. There was a generous amount of tomatoes (my favorite) and pasta, but not a huge portion


I have also eaten at the Papa Razzi on Newbury St. The Boston location does not have gluten free bread, only pizza and pasta. We ate here for Mother’s Day and it was delicious. I ordered the Tuscan Eggs Benedict without the Grilled Crostini. Two poached eggs with pancetta, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese served with extra roasted potatoes. The potatoes were awesome! We were also given complimentary Mimosas, which they do every weekend for Brunch! Many of the brunch items can be made gluten free, I know the Chicken Hash, Oak-Fried Fruit Pizza (gf crust) and Frittata are all gluten free. I like this location better, only because we were able to sit outside. Why they do not have gluten free bread is beyond me, and such a shame!

Website: http://www.paparazzitrattoria.com/index.cfm/page/Home

Location: 199 Boylston St. Chestnut Hill Mall
159 Newbury St. Boston, 02116

Other locations in MA - Burlington, Concord, Framingham, Hanover, & Wellesley

No comments:

Post a Comment