Friday, December 4, 2009

Pineapple Shrimp with Cilantro

I had dinner at a friend's house and she made a delicious Shrimp dish with Mango Salsa. I absolutely loved it and decided to make it for myself. I did not have any mangos so I substituted it with pineapple. I also did not have chili powder or chipotle powder so I improvised and used gluten free soy sauce and red pepper flakes. This gave the dish a slightly different taste, but still absolutely delicious. I am not a huge fan of spicy foods, they taste great but I just can't take the heat! This dish still captures the tropical fruit flavors with a little less spiciness. I made if for my dad when he came to visit me last winter and he enjoyed this dish as well. I wish I had taken a picture, but I forgot! When I make it again I will be sure to remember that and upload the pictures for you!

This recipe be can be eaten alone or served over your choice or white or brown rice. Either way it's simple and easy and really hits the spot for a quick and flavorful meal.

Ingridents

2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 pound medium shrimp
1 5.5 oz can pineapple chunks
1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1/2 to 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes


Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and pineapple, stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes longer, until the shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
Mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, red pepper and cilantro. Pour over the shrimp and stir.
Serve warm alone or with a side of rice. If serving with rice sometimes I mix the cilantro with the rice rather than with the shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment